Friday, January 2, 2015

Cosmo

Girls just want to have fun! I accepted a challenge with Leslie Saeta for 30 paintings in 30 days. I begin to struggle with the very first painting and finally posted just before midnight! My first day of school as a child, the teacher took the class outside and we collected acorns, twigs, seed pods and leaves. We then came back into the class room and were given a board and glue. I remember to this day thinking I was more excited than anyone in the class!! That memory sparked a similar approach for this piece except I used tape, a brush, and my favorite FW acrylic inks. This is a 5 X 7 on 300# watercolor.




2 comments:

  1. I love your commitment to painting daily!!! And I honestly love each and every painting that you have posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, it still seems hard. I am beginning to see that the ones that feel like play are the ones I like best.

    ReplyDelete